Richard Campbell charged on suspicion of attempted murder after late-night Hitchin stabbing
- Credit: Archant
Richard Campbell, 32, has been charged on suspicion of attempted murder after a stabbing in Hitchin two weekends ago.
Campbell, of Downberry Road, Bromley was arrested on Tuesday and charged on Thursday.
A man in his 30s was left in a critical condition with life-threatening injuries – and still remains in hospital – after he was stabbed at the junction of Fishponds Road and Bunyan Road around 2am on Saturday, October 22.
The men are believed to have been known to each other.
Three people were also arrested in connection with the investigation. They include a 38-year-old man from Stevenage, a 35-year-old woman from Hitchin and a 26-year-old woman from Hitchin.
You may also want to watch:
They were all arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender and have been released on bail.
They are due to return to Stevenage Police Station in mid-December.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 5 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 6 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 7 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 8 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 9 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 10 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome