Rhythms of the World best of the fests
A COMET country festival has been voted as one of the best in the UK.
Rhythms of the World has been declared as a top 10 festival in the UK this summer, by influential world music magazine Songlines.
The festival, which will be held in Hitchin Priory Grounds on the weekend of July 14 and 15, features alongside festivals such as Latitude and WOMAD.
Glastonbury has also been included on list in previous years.
Steve Smither, RotW performance director, said: “This is fantastic accolade and recognises the strength and diversity of the festival line up.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a coup to have names like Junior Murvin and Juju topping our bill and we’re honoured to be featured in such a prestigious list. It shows the progress we’ve made and the high regard the festival is held in.”
In order to make this year’s festival as successful as predicted, RotW is still on the hunt for volunteers.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 5 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 6 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 7 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 8 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 9 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 10 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
A range of roles are on offer, in areas including ticketing, communications, and admin, as well as on the day positions.
If you can help, contact Alison on 07834 363626 or Jo on 07879 487445, or visit www.rotw.org.uk
• A quiz night fundraiser, is being held on April 20 at Hitchin Town Hall at 7pm for a 7.30pm start. Tickets cost �10 and include a fish and chip supper, with veggie options available. To book, firstname.lastname@example.org