Reward offered to find people who illegally set off flare in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A reward has been offered today to anyone who helps find the people who illegally set off a flare in a built up area of Stevenage and damaged a house.
The rocket hand-fired signal flare is believed to have been set off in the Broadwater Crescent and Shephalbury Park area of Stevenage at about 6.30pm on Wednesday, June 3.
It failed to go off properly but made a loud bang and landed on a house in The Willows, damaging its roof.
Det Sergeant Hannah Treadwell said: “Setting off this flare was a very dangerous thing to do and it was very lucky that no one was hurt.
“We are appealing to anyone who may have witnessed any suspicious activity in the area around this time to get in touch. We would also like to speak to anyone who has any information about the flare and its whereabouts before the incident occurred.
You may also want to watch:
“All calls will be treated in the strictest confidence or you can call Crimestoppers anonymously and pass on any information through them. If your information leads to an arrest you could be eligible for a cash reward.”
For more call DS Treadwell on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'