Reward offer after burglars steal irreplaceable photographs
A father has put up a �500 reward for the return of a laptop that contains irreplaceable photographs of his son.
Gary Scott offered the cash to anyone who can get his black HP G70 laptop back to him after it was stolen in a burglary on his home in Tates Way, Stevenage on Tuesday last week. Another house in the street was also targeted.
Mr Scott, who is the landlord of The Waggon and Horses pub in Graveley, said his wife Becky and son Ben came home shortly after 5pm and may have disturbed the thieves. They found the house in disarray, valuables stolen and a back window forced.
“There was quite a lot of stuff gone, but the thing I’m really upset about is the photos of my nine-year-old son. There were all his pictures and videos from birth,” Mr Scott said. “I’ve got to try anything I can. Someone might be offered the laptop.”
His wife was devastated by the loss of the images, he added.
“That’s the worst thing. You can replace the other stuff. I should have backed them up but there were such a lot there. It shows the importance of these things.”
Police urged anyone who knows anything about the theft, which happened sometime between 3pm and 5.20pm, to call the non-emergency number 101 with crime reference number E11/222/6.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 6 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 7 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 10 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes