Councils announce revised bin collection dates for May Bank Holiday
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Bin collections in Stevenage and North Herts will fall on different days next week due to the early May Bank Holiday.
Both Stevenage Borough Council and North Hertfordshire District Council are running a revised collection service, which will see slight amendments to the usual schedule over the next week.
North Herts District Council have announced the below schedule for those living in the area.
Those due to have their bins collected on Monday, May 3 will now have their waste taken away on Tuesday, May 4.
The knock-on effect will continue throughout the week, with the normal Tuesday collection happening on Wednesday, May 5.
You may also want to watch:
Similarly, those who usually expect their bin collections on Wednesday and Thursday will have their bins emptied on Thursday, May 6 and Friday, May 7 respectively.
The bank holiday will see usual Friday bin collections moved to a one-off weekend collection, with refuse crews continuing their service on Saturday, May 8.
- 1 Stevenage man sentenced for racist assault and criminal damage
- 2 Matalan store confirms closure date ahead of demolition to make way for flats
- 3 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 4 Trial date set for pair charged with detaining two people against their will
- 5 May 17: Newly refurbed Hollywood Bowl to reopen on Monday
- 6 What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, May 17?
- 7 Dog bitten in two places at attack in playing fields
- 8 Road closed as emergency services attend crash in Stevenage
- 9 Community rallies to help couple left out of pocket after pension money goes missing
- 10 Man dies after falling ill in town centre
Collections in North Herts will return to normal from Monday, May 10.
Stevenage Borough Council are adopting the same scheme, with bin collections pushed back by one day to compensate for the lack of collections on Monday.
Central Bedfordshire Council has confirmed that refuse due to be collected on both the early and late May Bank Holiday remain as normal, with collections only changing at Christmas and New Year.