Retirement builders keen to put down roots for new Letchworth development
- Credit: Archant
Retirement homes specialist McCarthy and Stone has released an image of what its new development in the centre of Letchworth should look like – and issued an invitation find a green-fingered gardener to be involved in a tree-planting ceremony as the project gets into gear.
The development in Station Road is to be called Le Jardin as a nod to Letchworth’s garden city heritage.
Work has already started on site and is expected to be complete next spring.
The firm’s regional development manager Jonathan Stuart said: “Letchworth is unique. There is a varied mix of architecture and this has had a significant bearing on the building and design we adopted, which we feel enhances the appearance within the conservation area.”
There will be 25 apartments with balconines exclusively for the over 60s in the development, with the first residents expected to move in next summer.
You may also want to watch:
Sales and marketing director Elaine Stratford added: “As part of our commitment to engaging with the community we’re asking people to put forward someone with a passion for gardening to plant a tree at the development.”
Email email@example.com or call 0121 713 3672 if you’d like to be there. Find out more about the development at www.mccarthyandstone.co.uk.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 9 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 10 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made