RESULT: The best Christmas house in Comet country
AFTER hundreds of votes were cast, The Comet can now reveal the winner of the best festive house, as chosen by readers.
The winner is Ken Chapman, of Milestone Road, Hitchin, with 42 per cent of the 500 votes.
Ken estimates that his display is made up of 8,000 bulbs. This year, it was set up by himself and a team of helpers.
In second place is Charlie Bell, who has decorated his house in Middlefields, Letchworth GC. He attracted 36 per cent of the vote.
Our third place goes to another Letchworth GC house, The Crescent. Georgina Scripps sent in the picture of the display, which stepfather John Geaves and brother Marques created. They received 11 per cent of the public vote.
You may also want to watch:
Our 10 finalists were featured on our website, after readers sent in their snaps with our Comet snapper also spotting some of our finalists on his travels. An online poll, which shut yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon, determined our winner.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go