Armed police, helicopter and dog unit respond to reports of machete-wielder in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Armed police, a helicopter and dog unit were all called out to Stevenage yesterday to search for a man who was allegedly chasing people with a machete.
Police were alerted to reports of an incident at The Hyde in Stevenage at around 3.30pm yesterday afternoon.
It had been reported that a man was being chased by another man, who was allegedly in possesion of a machete.
A search of the area, including the use of armed police the police helicopter and dog unit, was conducted and the victim was found safe and well with no injuries.
Inspector Mark Smith said: “I understand news of this incident will be worrying to residents.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to reassure you that we are doing all we can to trace the offender and we have an increased policing presence in the area.
“If you have information about this which could assist enquiries please get in touch.”
- 1 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 2 Police hunt wanted man in connection with assault and harassment
- 3 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 4 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 5 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 6 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 7 Aerial acrobatics show to be performed in the heart of Stevenage town centre
- 8 Fraudster to repay victim £87k more than decade after conviction
- 9 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 10 Primary school's Early Years team achieves award for quality standards
If you saw this incident, call 101 quoting ISR 483 of July 13.