Remembrance Sunday services to be held across Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire
- Credit: Archant
Remembrance Sunday services are taking place across Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire today as people pay their respects to the fallen.
Servicemen and women, dignitaries and the general public will come together to remember those who have lost their lives in conflict, in what is the 100th anniversary of the outbreak of the First World War.
In Stevenage, a parade will head from Primett Road to the Bowling Green in High Street for a service at 10.40am.
Letchworth’s remembrance starts at the war memorial in Station Road at 10.30am, with a parade heading through the town centre ahead of a 11am service at Letchworth Free Church.
Baldock War Memorial will host the town’s service, which includes a two-minute silence at 11am followed by refreshments in Baldock Community Centre.
You may also want to watch:
The Remembrance Sunday service in Hitchin takes place this afternoon, with a march starting outside the town hall at 2pm ahead of a service at the war memorial outside St Mary’s Church at 2.30pm.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket