Remember loved ones at Letchworth hospice’s Lights of Life ceremony
REMEMBER someone special at a hospice’s Lights of Life Christmas tree ceremony.
The annual ceremony organised by the Garden House Hospice takes place this year on Sunday, December 2, starting at 4pm.
It offers the opportunity of dedicating a light on the tree to remember someone special to you this Christmas.
Held in the hospice gardens in Gillison Close, Letchworth GC, the event is attended by hundreds every year, who not only dedicate a light on the tree, but also take part in the carol service and visit hospice stalls within the grounds.
North Herts District Council will again donate the tree, while musicians from Knights Templar School in Baldock and Letchworth Town Band will accompany the carols.
You may also want to watch:
The Garden House Hospice offers support and care to patients with terminal illness, and serves North Hertfordshire and Stevenage.
Jenny Lupton, general manager at the hospice, said: “Lights of Life is a really special event in the hospice’s calendar and I know that all the Garden House staff, as well as those who dedicate lights to lost loved ones, are always moved by the occasion.”
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
To make a donation to Garden House Hospice and to dedicate a light to someone special this Christmas visit the hospice, call 01462 679540 or log on to www.ghhospice.co.uk