Remember a loved one at Lights of Life hospice service
- Credit: Archant
Garden House Hospice is holding Lights of Life next month, an annual service which sees a Christmas tree lit up with lights dedicated to someone special in return for a donation.
Everyone who makes a donation will be sent a personalised dedication certificate to keep, and will be invited to the switch-on at 4pm on December 1 in the gardens of the hospice in Gillison Close, Letchworth GC.
The ceremony will include carols and a service of remembrance.
Jo Wiffen, community fundraiser for the hospice, which provides terminal care for people across north Hertfordshire, said: “Lights of Life is a very special event in the hospice calendar.
“Over the years the number of people who join us on an annual basis has grown and so many of them tell us how meaningful it is to be able to remember loved ones in this way at Christmas.”
You may also want to watch:
Dedications can be made by visiting www.ghhospice.co.uk
For more information call the Garden House Hospice’s fundraising department on 01462 679540.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 4 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 7 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 10 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack