Reid opens account with winner at Oxford
Record signing strikes in second half to give Boro all three points at the Kassam
Oxford United 1 Stevenage 2
CRAIG Reid scored his first goal in a Boro shirt as Stevenage beat fellow play-off hopefuls Oxford United on Tuesday evening.
Reid, Boro’s record signing, had yet to score for his new club since he move from Newport County for a club record fee at the end of January but struck three minutes after the interval as his side recorded their fifth win in seven games.
Latching on to a Rob Sinclair pass, Reid slotted neatly home from the edge of the box to open his account at the Kassam Stadium.
Boro had been dealt a blow just before the break when Tom Craddock cancelled out a Harry Worley own goal by scoring from the penalty spot three minutes into injury time after Peter Winn had brought down Josh Payne in the box.
The win moves Boro above Oxford in the League 2 table and to within four points of the play-off places with 10 games to go until the end of the season.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 3 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 10 In pictures: Stevenage pantomime Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
Stevenage: Day, Charles (Beardsley, 80), Henry, Roberts, Foster, Bostwick, Wilson, Mousinho, Winn (Bridges, 73), Sinclair, Reid (May, 90+1).