Red-y, steady, go…
WITH lots of people expected to be walking around with red noses these next few days, you could be forgiven for thinking Hitchin Beer Festival had come a week early. But alas, the festival is next weekend. This weekend, or tomorrow (Friday) night to be ex
WITH lots of people expected to be walking around with red noses these next few days, you could be forgiven for thinking Hitchin Beer Festival had come a week early.
But alas, the festival is next weekend.
This weekend, or tomorrow (Friday) night to be exact, it is Red Nose Day and people across Comet country are doing all they can to raise money for Comic Relief.
* Nursery Assistant Sarah Mussack, who works at the Leapfrog Day Nursery in Icknield Way, Letchworth GC, yesterday (Wednesday) sat in a paddling pool and allowed children to pour beans and peas over her.
* Locals at the Sir John Barleycorn pub in Hitchin are hoping to pull a few pounds via a music quiz and raffle on Friday night.
* About 100 staff from Hertfordshire County Council will be among volunteers taking calls on Red Nose Day at the customer service centre in Stevenage on Friday from 7pm until midnight.
- 1 Stevenage Iceland to permanently close today
- 2 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 3 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 4 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 5 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 6 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 7 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
- 8 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 9 Latest on Stevenage Marks & Spencer store opening
- 10 Airbus: Stevenage's out of this world impact on space missions over seven decades
* The young enterprise group Biztek, from the Knights Templar School in Baldock, will be holding a fashion show on Friday lunchtime in the school's main hall. Students must pay £1.50 to sign up and design their own T-shirts and they can then strut their stuff on the catwalk with other pupils paying 50p to watch.