Red BMW motorcycle stolen in Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
An appeal has been launched after a motorcycle was stolen.
The red BMW FG60GS was stolen from Coopers Yard on Paynes Park in Hitchin between 8.30pm on Monday, and 7.15am on Tuesday.
It was in a garage and the offender(s) made off from the scene in an unknown direction.
The motorcycle has a Spanish number plate and the speedometer is set up to run in kilometres per hour as opposed to miles per hour.
Investigating officer, PC Tina Ridley said: “I am appealing to anyone who has been in the area over the past couple of days and seen anyone acting suspiciously to please get in touch.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d also like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed someone removing the bike from the garage or from anyone who may have been offered a motorbike of similar description for sale.”
Anyone with information is asked to call PC Tina Ridley on the police non-emergency number 101 citing crime reference number G1/14/1960. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers, the independent charity, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?