RECORD NUMBERS PLEA FOR ACAS HELP
BRAND new figures from Acas 2005/06 annual report shows record numbers of people are using its helpline and website services to get the latest advice and guidance on employment relations issues. In 2005/06 calls to the national helpline rose for the four
BRAND new figures from Acas' 2005/06 annual report shows record numbers of people are using its helpline and website services to get the latest advice and guidance on employment relations issues.
In 2005/06 calls to the national helpline rose for the fourth consecutive year with over 900,000 calls received on a wide range of employment issues.
The top three topics covered were discipline and grievance, maternity or paternity and redundancy or layoff issues.
There was also a rise in the number of people accessing the Acas website, which had 1.7 million visits.
You may also want to watch:
The report showed that the number of claims to employment tribunals rose by 25 per cent from the previous year. Acas dealt with 952 large scale disputes in 2005/06 compared to 1,123 in 2004/05.
Acas chairman Rita Donaghy said: "We have had another busy and challenging year. Our commitment to improving organisations through better employment relations continues to drive the development of new Acas services.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 10 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
"The challenge for us now is to continue to develop and maintain our high standards and help more organisations realise the benefits of good employment relations.