Reconstructive surgery fears for man injured in fight outside Hitchin bar
- Credit: Archant
A man may require reconstructive surgery after his nose was broken and his cheekbones fractured in a fight outside a bar.
Emergency services were called at about 3.25am on Saturday after a fight between two men outside The Venue in Bancroft, Hitchin.
Police have said one of the men, a 46-year-old, may require reconstructive surgery as a result of his injuries. He was initially taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage but has since been moved to the Luton and Dunstable Hospital for further care.
The bar was shut at the time of the assault.
PC Mike Doe, who is investigating, said: “Bancroft is a busy road and we are aware there were at least 10-15 people nearby when this incident occurred. If this was you, please contact me as you may have information which could prove vital to the investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call PC Doe on police non-emergency number 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
A 29-year-old man from Hitchin has been arrested on suspicion of assault and has been released on bail until August 30.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 4 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 5 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 6 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 9 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals