Reading get the better of Spurs U21s
- Credit: Archant
Clubs met in U21 Premier League fixture at Stevenage FC
Spurs U21s were beaten 4-1 by their Reading counterparts last night (Monday).
In their first match of the season at Stevenage’s Lamex Stadium ground, Spurs went into half-time two goals down thanks to Christian Maghoma’s own goal and Rowan Liburd’s header.
After the break Tarique Fosu was brought down in the box by Kyle Walker-Peters, and scored the resulting penalty.
Anton Walkes then pulled a goal back for Spurs to make it 3-1, but Liburd was on hand to add a fourth for Reading late on.
You may also want to watch:
Spurs U21: Glover, Walker-Peters, Carter-Vickers, Maghoma, Lesniak, Amos, Veljkovic (Edwards 78), Sonupe, Goddard (Walkes 57), Georgiou (McEvoy 63), Harrison. Subs: Voss.
Reading: Moore, Long, Hyam, Sweeney, Griffin, Fridjonsson, Kelly, Semedo (Husin 71), Novakovich, Fosy, Liburd (Rinomhota 78). Subs: Jules, Owusu, Ward.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire