Re-appeal over head injuries crime victim
DETECTIVES are re-appealing for information over an incident which saw a man sustain head injuries when a thief stole his car.
The 54-year-old victim, who lives in Melbourne Close in Stotfold, had been pumping the tyres on his blue Peugeot 308 Sport outside his home.
He had returned to his house, leaving his keys in the ignition, and when he returned to the car someone was sitting in the driver’s seat.
Police say the thief “drove at the victim”, hitting him and causing head injuries and concussion.
The incident took place at about 1.30pm on December 17, and happened so quickly that the man was unable to give a description of the offender.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said that “the victim is now making a steady recovery”, and the vehicle is still outstanding.
He continued: “Anyone with information is urged to contact DC Hynes, from the stolen vehicle squad, on 01234 841212.”
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 7 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 8 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 9 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 10 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out