Re-appeal for witnesses to aggravated burglary
DETECTIVES investigating an aggravated burglary in Stevenage in May have released a more detailed description of the offender and are re-appealing for information and witnesses.The incident took place at about 10pm on Wednesday, May 20, at a house on Fil
DETECTIVES investigating an aggravated burglary in Stevenage in May have released a more detailed description of the offender and are re-appealing for information and witnesses.
The incident took place at about 10pm on Wednesday, May 20, at a house on Filey Close.
A woman was in her home when the offender gained entry to the property through the front door.
It is believed she was punched in the face and then an unknown substance was sprayed in her face.
You may also want to watch:
The offender carried out a search of the house and stole an amount of cash and some items of jewellery.
Officers have released a more detailed description of the suspect, who is described as a white man, about 6ft tall, with a slim to medium build.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
He is believed to have been wearing a black coat, black trousers, black leather gloves, leather shoes and a white Halloween-style mask.
Detective Inspector Gary Atkinson, investigating, said: "This was a very traumatic incident for the victim, who has been left very shaken by what has happened.
"We are very keen to bring the investigation to a positive resolution and, by releasing more detailed information about the suspect, I hope that someone may know who this man is and contact us with information.
"You can give information anonymously via Crimestoppers, the independent charity, on 0800 555 111.
"I would also re-appeal to anyone who believes they may have seen any suspicious behaviour in the area that evening to call me as soon as possible via the non-emergency number 0845 3300222."
The woman sustained injuries during the incident, which required hospital treatment. She has since been released.