Rare bikes worth thousands of pounds stolen from Baldock workshop
- Credit: Archant
Rare bikes worth thousands of pounds have been stolen from a Baldock workshop.
Police are appealing for information today after a number of ‘high-end’ bicycles and two sets of wheels were stolen from a workshop on Royston Road.
The burglary took place between 1pm on Tuesday, March 31, and 8pm on Wednesday, April 1, when offenders forced open the door of the workshop.
The stolen bikes include a Canondale CP CAAD, a Pinarello Dogma, a Giant TCR, a Pinarello Quattro, a Whyte 809, a Zipp 808 Firecrest and a Rolf Prima Ares 6.
Investigating officer Det Con Steve Cook said: “It is believed that several people were involved in this burglary as the rear end of a car, which was blocking the workshop door, was lifted up and moved away from it to allow the offenders to gain access.
“These bikes are highly distinctive and quite rare so would be instantly recognisable to the cycling community.
“I would urge anyone who thinks they may have seen them advertised for sale, or who knows of their whereabouts to contact me as soon as possible.
- 1 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 2 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 3 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 4 Award-winning Hitchin nursery celebrates bumper year for staff
- 5 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 6 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 7 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 8 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Hitchin Boys head to National Athletics Final
- 10 £3k thank you to Lister for pregnant wife's bleed on brain care
“I would also like to hear from anyone who may have seen a group of people in the area, or witnessed any suspicious activity between the times stated.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Con Cook via the non-emergency number 101
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.