Raising a hot rod smile for Luca
HOT rods turned a pub into a rock n roll car show on Sunday in support of a young fan diagnosed with a brain tumour.
Nearly 100 enthusiasts from the A602 Club brought their fabulously crazy cars and bikes to The Dun Cow in Stevenage for a day-long fundraiser to help 10-year-old Luca Allen and his family.
Luca of Sish Lane, Stevenage is undergoing almost daily radiotherapy and chemotherapy at Great Ormond Street Hospital. He was guest of honour at the event called The Luca Smile Show where he chose his favourite hot rod as the winner of best in show.
Around 300 people turned out raising over �5,000 to support Luca’s mum and dad Virgil and Sonia with travel expenses as well as to fund a trip to Disneyland, Paris for the family.
Organiser and family friend David Patterson who thanked pub staff and fellow organisers for their hard work said: “Luca had a lovely day. There was a great atmosphere. Everyone really enjoyed it.”
You may also want to watch:
* A classic motorbike, car and hot rod show at The White Lion in Baldock High Street on Sunday will also be raising funds for Luca. Organised by the Roadrunners Club in association with the A602 and Stevenage Classic Car clubs, it takes place from 10am to 5pm.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round