RAF Henlow’s talented Military Wives set to be ‘Home for Christmas’
- Credit: Archant
A choir featuring the wives of men stationed at RAF Henlow – who have previously toured with evergreen pint-sized singing star Lulu – are back to release a charity Christmas album, and hope to see it reach number one spot for the festive season!
The Military Wives Choir which features the Henlow ladies have recorded a collection of 12 festive songs and carols.
It promises to be the biggest project yet with the women being heard on the title track Home for Christmas – which will raise money for the Military Wives Foundation – a charity bringing women in the forces community together through singing.
Choir member Kate Wyatt, from Henlow, told the Comet: “Ladies from Henlow Military Wives Choir travelled to Colchester to sing alongside two other military wives choirs.
“We were only given a few weeks to rehearse two of the songs from the album but the ladies were very excited – especially as this was the first time for many of the ladies in the choir to record on their first album.
You may also want to watch:
“We can’t wait for the album and single to be released.
“We hope to get the single Home for Christmas to the number one spot for Christmas.”
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term
Produced by BMG and steered by three accomplished choral conductors – Hilary Davan Wetton, Will Dawes and Mark De-Lisser –the Military Wives Choir and their beautiful collection of songs embodies the true spirit of Christmas – love, family and harmony.
To accompany the release, throughout November, 17 choirs will be touring seven cathedrals across the UK.
The charity’s chair Sue Daniels, comments: “We are delighted with the continued achievements and growth of the Military Wives Choir.
“The festive season can be a difficult time – particularly for those within the military community.
“By creating Home for Christmas, military wives are supporting each other through music – and extending this unity to families throughout the UK, and across the world.”
The album ‘Home for Christmas’ will be released on Friday, November 25, with the single being released on Friday, December 2.
For more information visit www.militarywiveschoirs.org or you can visit their Facebook page by searching for ‘Military Wives Choirs Foundation.’
To buy tickets visit the website www.ticketmaster.co.uk.