Quiz night to be held in memory of referee
A QUIZ night in memory of a football referee who died suddenly last year, aged 36, will be held on Saturday, November 28. Carl Couzens, who lived on the Westmill estate in Hitchin, was a national football referee and county badminton player and umpire. He
A QUIZ night in memory of a football referee who died suddenly last year, aged 36, will be held on Saturday, November 28.
Carl Couzens, who lived on the Westmill estate in Hitchin, was a national football referee and county badminton player and umpire. He died following a severe asthma attack in June last year.
Quizzes for Charity - an organisation formed more than 15 years ago to help raise funds for charitable organisations in Stevenage, before expanding to a wider area - is holding a fundraising event at The Heathcote School in Stevenage in aid of Asthma UK.
Teams of up to eight people, including children, are welcome and there will be lots of prizes and a raffle on the night.
You may also want to watch:
The event, which starts at 8pm, is �7 per person and includes a fish/chicken/veggie burger and chips supper.
To book your place, write to John Burlison at 196 Telford Avenue, Stevenage, SG2 0AU, call him on 01438 234139 or email him at email@example.com Cheques should be made payable to Quizzes for Charity.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 8 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 9 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 10 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
Places must be booked by November 24, and participants are advised to bring their own drinks as there will be no bar.