Quilters showcase their work at Caldecote church exhibition near Ashwell
- Credit: Archant
Caldecote’s redundant church has played host to a quilters’ exhibition showcasing intricate patchwork designs that wowed the crowd.
The Icknield Quilters – who hold talks, demonstrations and workshops led by visiting tutors – laid out their work in the 14th-century church for all to see.
Some exhibition items were finished for the occasion, and there were also examples from the group’s portfolio of patchwork quilt designs and wall hangings, cushion covers and blankets.
Caldecote also welcomed Pop’s Plants II – members of the Southern Auricula Society, who grow and specialise in the auricula plant.
Volunteers in the refreshments marquee were on duty with homemade cakes and refreshments.
You may also want to watch:
Inside the church, a guide offered interesting insights into the church’s 600 year history, interspersed with some tantalising facts that Caldecote Church Friends’ Grazyna Tutak said that “not a lot of people knew”.
She added: “Both exhibitions were a huge success. As always, heartfelt thanks to all who came to visit and support us and for your generous donations – we hope to see you again soon.”
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction