Queen responds in kind after Hitchin-based Herts Careline sends her birthday greetings
- Credit: Archant
A Hitchin-based alarm and telecare service for the vulnerable and elderly has received congratulations from the Queen ahead of its 35th anniversary.
Councillor Bernard Lovewell had mentioned Herts Careline’s upcoming anniversary in a letter he sent on behalf of the staff and customers to the Queen for her 90th birthday.
The reply from the Queen’s chief clerk reads, in part: “The Queen much appreciated your kind words and was interested to learn that next year will mark your 35th anniversary. In return, Her Majesty has asked me to send her warm good wishes to you and all concerned.”
The Queen’s encouraging words delighted staff at Herts Careline, based in Harkness Court, which helps thousands across the county to live independently at home.
Mr Lovewell, who is North Herts District Council’s executive member for housing, said: “On behalf of our customers, many of which are also celebrating their 90th year, we wanted to congratulate Her Majesty on her 90th birthday.
“We wrote to her wishing her an enjoyable year ahead and were thrilled to receive a response and her congratulations to us on our upcoming milestone year.”
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 6 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Symonds Green development raises the number of social homes in Stevenage
- 9 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 10 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash