Queen guitarist Brian May to visit Letchworth for book signing
FANS of rock group Queen are expected to flock to a local book shop when their lead guitarist Brian May makes a guest appearance there. Mr May will be making an appearance at David s Booksop in Letchworth GC to sign his book A Village Lost & Found that h
FANS of rock group Queen are expected to flock to a local book shop when their lead guitarist Brian May makes a guest appearance there.
Mr May will be making an appearance at David's Booksop in Letchworth GC to sign his book A Village Lost & Found that he co-wrote with Elena Vidal.
Queen fans have been calling from around the world in an attempt to be at the signing on Friday, May 21, at 7.30pm. One fan will fly in from Japan and another from Italy.
The guitarist's quest to identify the village began 30 years as he investigated and researched 59 stereoscopic cards compiled in the 1850s by Thomas Richard Williams in his book Scenes in Our Village.
You may also want to watch:
The identity of the village was lost for 150 years but now it comes into life and the pictures are in glorious 3-D, viewed in the new focusing stereoscope which the guitarist has designed and produced to bring the stereos to life.
The end product is a book that contains a powerfully atmospheric and touching set of photographs.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 9 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
Mr May says: "This is a picture book: an annotated book of photographs which tells a unique story-a story that has fascinated me for more than half a lifetime.