Pupils remember James with silent tribute
PUPILS at a Hitchin school held a minute s silence this week in memory of a teenager who has tragically died. James Marshall, 16, of Bedford Road, Hitchin, died in the London s Royal Free Hospital on Thursday, five days after suffering severe head injurie
PUPILS at a Hitchin school held a minute's silence this week in memory of a teenager who has tragically died.
James Marshall, 16, of Bedford Road, Hitchin, died in the London's Royal Free Hospital on Thursday, five days after suffering severe head injuries in a car crash.
James, who had recently left the Priory School near his home to become a student, was a back seat passenger in a Honda Civic that crashed near the roundabout on Avenue One, Letchworth GC, travelling east along the Baldock Road.
The car flipped over after colliding with the kerb and crashed through a fence coming to rest on its roof in undergrowth.
James and another passenger were cut from the rear of the vehicle by firefighters from Hitchin and Baldock.
Then two front seat passengers suffered only minor injuries.
- 1 New date for Stevenage Marks & Spencer opening
- 2 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 3 Couple sentenced for theft and fraud after stealing from elderly victims
- 4 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 5 Bag a bargain for charity! £1.50 per kilo at air ambulance warehouse sale
- 6 Two boys arrested after police helicopter search
- 7 Seriously injured assault victim waited FOUR hours in ambulance outside Lister
- 8 Graffiti artist's NHS tribute in Stevenage underpass
- 9 Driver disqualified after admitting to drinking wine at the wheel
- 10 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
After being taken to Lister Hospital James' condition deteriorated and he was transferred to the Royal Free Hospital where he died.