TWO pupils were whisked away to Corsica after winning a competition organised by their school. Nick Desmond and Cosmo Murray, both Year 11 pupils at Hitchin Boys School, spent three days in the French island which was the birthplace of Emperor Napoleon B
TWO pupils were whisked away to Corsica after winning a competition organised by their school.
Nick Desmond and Cosmo Murray, both Year 11 pupils at Hitchin Boys' School, spent three days in the French island which was the birthplace of Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte.
They won the prize after producing a leaflet in French over the summer about Bastia, and its football team.
The competition was organised by teacher Rose Oliva who originates from the town.
You may also want to watch:
While spending three days in Corsica, the two boys were given a tour of Bastia and visited the football stadium where they looked around.
Ms Oliva said: "The president, Jean Giambelli, met the boys and gave them a tour of the club. He bought some cakes and drinks and gave the two boys a book about the club, a football kit and a ball.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 6 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
"After that we went to the practice, met the football players who spent a bit of time with the boys at the end of their practice."
The day after the trip to the stadium they toured a region north of the town and later watched from a VIP box as Bastia won a game against Niort.
They stayed with Corsican families during the trip and Ms Oliva said: "I think this experience has been an unforgettable experience for the boys.