Puncture didn’t dampen spirits of Letchworth Red Nose Day charity cyclists
- Credit: Archant
A car showroom team in Letchworth saddled up to raise valuable cash for charity when they cycled 25 miles for Comic Relief.
Nine eager cyclists from the Letchworth branch of Steven Eagell Toyota peddled all the way from Bromham in Bedfordshire back to their workplace on Saturday, as part of the 2 1/2 hour challenge.
The weather was dry, and although the team had to battle a strong headwind it was not strong enough to dampen the enthusiasm of the team.
Trevor Gilbert, who was the back up driver and handed out much needed refreshments, said: “Everyone who took part enjoyed the afternoon and are very happy with the sponsorship.
“Everyone displayed great fellowship, each making sure the others were OK throughout the challenge. The team are very happy to have completed the ride and to have raised a substantial amount of money.
You may also want to watch:
“I think everyone is very pleased and proud with the result of this venture and are now planning other events to raise even more money.”
The ride wasn’t all plain sailing – as the team cycled through Stotfold on the last leg of the journey, one of the team was cursed with the cyclist’s worst nightmare – the dreaded puncture.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 2 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 3 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 8 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
- 10 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
Luckily Trevor was on hand with spare inner tubes and a foot pump.
The team raised £500 through their cycle efforts and a charity football match they hosted added a further £200 to the total.
You can sponsor the team yourself by visiting my.rednoseday.com/sponsor/steven–eagell–letchworth.
The team will be organising a host of other fundraising events for Comic Relief. Details of other events are available in the Letchworth showroom, and if you pop along you can buy a red nose to attach to your car, which costs £5.