Public to be asked about planned park improvements
THE public is to be asked for their views on planned park improvements. Residents are being asked what changes they would like to see at Hillbrow Recreation Ground in Letchworth GC. North Herts District Council (NHDC) and Groundwork Hertfordshire are h
THE public is to be asked for their views on planned park improvements.
Residents are being asked what changes they would like to see at Hillbrow Recreation Ground in Letchworth GC.
North Herts District Council (NHDC) and Groundwork Hertfordshire are holding a public consultation event at Westbury School on Thursday, May 21, from 5 to 8pm. They are also asking children, young people and local residents using the park what they like and dislike about it and how they feel it could be improved.
The community consultation covers issues such as access, seating, planting, safety and any issues that they would like to see resolved.
You may also want to watch:
Children's play provision is a priority and all those attending the consultation will be asked to comment on the play equipment and activities they prefer such as climbing rocks, a sand pit, natural landscape, adventure or a trim trail.
Anyone who uses the park or would like to find out more about the plans is welcome to call in at Westbury School on May 21 or contact Ben Underwood at Groundwork Hertfordshire on email@example.com or call 01707 255177.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
Groundwork will draw up plans for the play area based on people's views and then NHDC will come up with a programme of work later in the year.
Cllr Ian Knighton, NHDC portfolio holder for leisure, said: "Young people and healthy living are council priorities. We are pleased to be working with Groundwork Hertfordshire on this important project and would urge the public to join in the consultation so that we can make Hillbrow Recreation Ground an exciting place to be.