Public-spirited pupil speaks out at graffiti which calls Hitchin four-letter word
- Credit: Archant
Vandals have defaced a Hitchin sign and altered the wording to show a four-letter word.
The ‘Welcome to Hitchin – Historic Market town’ sign on the outskirts of the town in Bedford Road near to the Priory School has been vandalised.
Culprits spray-painted over the wording to the ‘chin’ part of Hitchin and scrawled the letter ‘s’ before the ‘Hit’ part of the name.
A 16-year-old pupil at the nearby school told the Comet: “I find it completely disgusting this is happening in our town.
“I have lived here all my life and I love it to bits.
You may also want to watch:
“I find it horrible people have gone and done this to public property.”
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 7 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place