Public invited for Saturday tour of Howard Park and Gardens by North Herts District Council
MEMBERS of the public are being invited to go on a guided tour of Howard Park and Gardens in Letchworth GC at the weekend to hear in detail about North Herts District Council s planned �2.7 million improvement scheme. Work is due to start in the autumn
MEMBERS of the public are being invited to go on a guided tour of Howard Park and Gardens in Letchworth GC at the weekend to hear in detail about North Herts District Council's planned �2.7 million improvement scheme.
Work is due to start in the autumn to restore the nationally-important landscape while providing new facilities for people to enjoy for years to come.
Visitors will hear about the improvements which will include the planting of 26 large new specimen trees to help re-create a natural wooded walk through the park.
In advance of these works there will need to be selective thinning of trees and the removal of any that are diseased, says NHDC.
You may also want to watch:
A small number will be taken away to recreate the historic vista and make space for new features. To hear more about this work you can join the guided tour that will start at Birds Hill car park at 10am on Saturday.
Funding for the work includes a �2 million award from the Heritage Lottery Fund and the BIG Lottery Fund's Parks for People scheme.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus