Probe into rowdy pupils on school bus
AN investigation has started into why a coach driver returned to a school with rowdy pupils. The incident happened on Wednesday afternoon when pupils from Samuel Whitbread Community College, Clifton, were being taken back to the school from Stotfold. This
AN investigation has started into why a coach driver returned to a school with rowdy pupils.
The incident happened on Wednesday afternoon when pupils from Samuel Whitbread Community College, Clifton, were being taken back to the school from Stotfold.
This afternoon college principal Robert Robson said in a statement: "We are looking into the incident which we were made aware of last night.
"There appears to have been a problem on the bus with some students who did not behave properly and the driver decided to take them back to the college so that this behaviour could be dealt with by college staff.
You may also want to watch:
"We are examining CCTV pictures to see what happened and we have contacted the bus company so they can give us the details from the driver's point of view.
"As you would expect, we are looking into this thoroughly and if parents contact us, we will do our best to respond to their concern."
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
One pupil told the Comet: "We were crying for him to stop. We were frightened and flying out of our seats."
Her mother said: "It would have been more sensible to have let the children off the bus in Stotfold instead of taking them back to the school. They were so scared when they got back to the school they didn't want to get on another bus.