Princess Helena: head pleased with all-round successes
IT was success across the board at Princess Helena College in Preston. The GCSE results day heralded another set of very good results for students. There was plenty to celebrate with a third of girls achieving a string of A* and A grades and 96 per cent o
IT was success across the board at Princess Helena College in Preston.
The GCSE results day heralded another set of very good results for students.
There was plenty to celebrate with a third of girls achieving a string of A* and A grades and 96 per cent of them gaining five or more A*- C grades.
Two-thirds of the exams were passed with A*-B grades, while the college's strength in sciences was proven once again with 100 per cent A*-B grades in biology and chemistry.
You may also want to watch:
The girls showed the breadth of their talents with 100 per cent A*-B grades also achieved in German, sports science, religious studies and history and dance.
Headmistress Jo-Anne Duncan, who joined in 2008, said she was delighted by the excellent value added results.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term
"As a small school, we dedicate ourselves to ensuring that each girl achieves the very best grades that she can," she added. "The hard work of our teaching staff has really paid off with many girls achieving one to two grades higher on average than their CAT (Cognitive Ability Test) scores predict across all their subjects. I am delighted to celebrate all the girls' successes and I congratulate them on their hard work.