Prime Minister Gordon Brown confirms General Election date
EVERYONE knew that it was coming and for months many had a good idea when it would be but now Prime Minister Gordon Brown has finally confirmed that the General Election will be on May 6. The race for parliamentary power is now on and candidates throughou
EVERYONE knew that it was coming and for months many had a good idea when it would be but now Prime Minister Gordon Brown has finally confirmed that the General Election will be on May 6.
The race for parliamentary power is now on and candidates throughout the country are off and running in their campaigns to win votes.
Those who have declared themselves as candidates so far in Comet country are:
You may also want to watch:
Sharon Taylor (Lab), Stephen McPartland (Con), Julia Davies (Lib Dem), Marion Mason (UKIP), Robin Johnstone (BNP), Charles Vickers (Eng Dem)
Hitchin and Harpenden:
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 9 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 10 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
Peter Lilley (Con), Oliver De Botton (Lab), Nigel Quinton (Lib Dem), Richard Wise (Green)
Nadine Dorries (Con), David Reeves (Lab), Linda Jack (Lib Dem), Bill Hall (UKIP), Malcolm Bailey (Green).
North East Herts:
Oliver Heald (Con), Richard Henry (Lab), Hugh Annand (Lib Dem), Rosemary Bland (Green).
North East Beds:
Alistair Burt (Con), Edward Brown (Lab).