Pride: TOM WHITBY Parent in a Million
TOM Whitby, 69, didn t know his daughter had nominated him until he was contacted by The Comet to tell him he had won. He was married to Amy s mum for 38 years and they had both battled through serious illnesses together. Amy said: Dot, my mum, had to r
TOM Whitby, 69, didn't know his daughter had nominated him until he was contacted by The Comet to tell him he had won.
He was married to Amy's mum for 38 years and they had both battled through serious illnesses together.
Amy said: "Dot, my mum, had to rely on Tom for everything. He cared for her in every way possible. I don't know anyone who cared for and loved someone as much as dad did."
Sadly Dot died recently and Tom has been finding life difficult without her.
You may also want to watch:
Tom said: "I am delighted to have won one of The Comet pride awards. It was ideal moving to this area from London and both my wife and I had a happy time when we set up home and later brought up our family.
"Sadly we both suffered from ill health and when my wife died recently it was hard to take, but we have all pulled together and today has really helped to cheer me up.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 3 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 9 'Black history should be celebrated every month, not just in October'
- 10 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?