Pride: RICHARD PORTEOUS Young Achiever
GIVING a presentation in front of a council committee would be terrifying for most adults. So for Richard Porteous, 13, to stand up in front of Letchworth area committee and argue for a skateboard park must be considered quite an achievement. Not only th
GIVING a presentation in front of a council committee would be terrifying for most adults. So for Richard Porteous, 13, to stand up in front of Letchworth area committee and argue for a skateboard park must be considered quite an achievement.
Not only that, Richard regularly attended meetings to check on the progress of the much-needed skateboard park.
Richard, who was unable to attend the awards due to a school trip, said: "The skateboard park has been up and running for about three months. We use it every day that it doesn't rain. Standing in front of the committee was nerve-wracking at first but once I got into it, it went well."
His dad Jim, who collected Richard's award for him, said: "I am very proud. This has been a great experience for him."
You may also want to watch:
But all this hasn't made him want to get into politics. He still wants to be either a rock star or a skateboarder.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 3 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 4 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 8 'Black history should be celebrated every month, not just in October'
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed