Prezzo to take over former convenience store site
- Credit: Archant
A FORMER convenience store is to be taken over by a restaurant chain with flats above, as part of a town’s regeneration scheme.
Prezzo has signed a 25 year lease for a site on the corner of Arena Parade and Eastcheap, Letchworth GC – the former Alldays shop.
The restaurant will have pavement tables, a first floor roof garden, and seating for more than 100 diners.
Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation secured the deal as part of its town centre rejuvenation strategy.
The Heritage Foundation is also developing plans for a new arts centre nearby which will complement the Broadway Cinema and transform the area into a cultural and leisure hub.
You may also want to watch:
Tim Roxburgh, projects director of the Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation, said: “This is an exciting deal which will enhance the existing restaurant offer and boost the evening economy of the town.
“It’s a positive signal that such a well-known company is looking to invest in the town centre despite difficult trading conditions.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 10 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
Subject to planning permission, the restaurant will be across two floors with five flats above.
A planning application will be submitted to North Herts District Council, with Prezzo hoping to open the restaurant in early 2014.
Lee Boswell, Letchworth GC town centre manager said: “This is more wonderful news for the town straight after the announcement of the town hall being re-opened by North Hertfordshire College and Garden Square Shopping Centre being bought by new owners. They say that good things come in threes.”