Preview: Torquay v Boro
A look ahead to tomorrow’s clash against the Gulls
Torquay v Stevenage - Preview
Npower League 2
Saturday, March 5
You may also want to watch:
Both teams are currently level on 45 points with Boro narrowly above on goal difference. Torquay earned a good 1-1 draw against automatic promotion hopefuls Rotherham on Tuesday night but have not won in four games, although they have only lost once in their last seven.
Stevenage, on the other hand, have been in good form winning their last three games with two of them coming away from the Lamex Stadium and are now pushing for a play off place. Stevenage don’t concede many goals away from the Lamex Stadium so they will be confident of getting a good result at Plainmoor.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 6 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 7 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'
Last time they met:
The two sides met at the Lamex Stadium in September. They drew 0-0 with Torquay going home thinking they should have won after hitting the post three times. However, the home side did have chances of their own to win it but in the end settled for their first clean sheet of the season.
Torquay have centre back Mark Ellis back after suspension otherwise they could field the same team that drew in midweek. Former Stevenage goalkeeper Danny Potter should start in goal.
Craig Reid could get a start alongside Byron Harrison after scoring four times in the Herts Senior Cup against Ware on Tuesday. Otherwise, Stevenage will be reluctant to make too many changes after their convincing win against Cheltenham last weekend. Darren Murphy will be unlikely to make the first team squad despite returning to action on Tuesday after returning from a broken leg in September.
R J Madley (West Yorkshire)