Preston announce official Westley appointment
Westley, John Dreyer and Dino Maamria all signed rolling contracts on Friday evening at Deepdale
Preston North End have officially confirmed Graham Westley as their new manager.
After a week of negotiations Westley, assistant manager John Dreyer and first team coach Dino Maamria put pen to paper on rolling contracts on Friday evening.
Westley will sit in the stands for today’s match between the Lilywhites and Wycombe Wanderers with Graham Alexander and David Unsworth in the dugout.
Speaking to the Preston website, Westley said: “It is a privilege to be handed the reins at this historic football club.
“When you see images of men like Sir Tom Finney, Alan Kelly and Bill Shankly looking back at you from the stands at Deepdale, you get a very clear sense of the responsibilities that you are accepting.
“It is my job to build a ferocious spirit of passion and unity among our team and in support of our team. Let’s just get better every day.”
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 8 Symonds Green development raises the number of social homes in Stevenage
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
Preston chairman Peter Ridsdale added: “We look forward to working together to restore this fabulous football club to its rightful position in the football hierarchy.”
Boro begin life without Westley today at Rochdale where Mark Roberts has been given the role of player-manager.