Preparation underway for Hitchin Beer Festival
- Credit: Archant
Preparations for a beer festival backed by the Comet are well under way.
Organisers CAMRA North Herts, Hitchin Round Table and Hitchin Rugby Club have confirmed that the 2014 Hitchin Beer Festival will be held on June 12, 13 and 14.
Posters, fliers and beer mats, all provided by the Comet, are already on display in pubs in the North Hertfordshire area and beyond to promote this year’s event.
The festival, which will be held at the rugby club in Old Hale Way, will run for three days, and festival goers will be able to sample more than 80 real ales from near and far.
Organisers have ensured that a number of the ales fall into the ‘LocAle’ category – meaning they are brewed within 30 miles of the venue – in a bid to reduce their carbon footprint.
You may also want to watch:
Along with the real ales, there will be many types of cider, perry and foreign beers on offer.
Brian Mason, of CAMRA North Herts, said: “This year there will be slightly more seating in the main marquee but overall the festival will run how it has done for the past two years.”
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 9 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 10 Stevenage 'miles better' but have to be more ruthless in front of goal says Revell
The festival is scheduled to open on Thursday, June 12, at 5pm until 11pm, continuing on Friday and Saturday between midday and 11pm.
If you would like to sponsor a barrel of beer for £100 then contact Luis Andrade via email@example.com for more details or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about programme advertising.
Organisers are also looking for volunteers from CAMRA, Round Table and rugby club members – email email@example.com if you are interested in donating your time.
For more information about Hitchin Beer Festival in general visit www.camranorthherts.org.uk