Praise from the Prince
THE PRINCE Of Wales commended a Baldock business for its tremendous support to members of the Reserve Forces when he held a reception at Clarence House last week. Streets Printers, of Royston Road, Baldock, currently employs one Reservist - David Watson.
THE PRINCE Of Wales commended a Baldock business for its tremendous support to members of the Reserve Forces when he held a reception at Clarence House last week.
Streets Printers, of Royston Road, Baldock, currently employs one Reservist - David Watson.
Mr Watson, a graphic designer, has recently been on a training exercise to Canada and his company also provides extra paid leave to allow him to attend annual training.
Prince Charles said: "The Reserve Forces are vital as an integral part of the Armed Forces. Releasing valuable employees for mobilisation can place a considerable burden on employers and I would like to express my appreciation to the companies involved. There is an enormous debt that is owed to employers."
You may also want to watch:
John Street, managing director of Street Printers, was one of more that 50 employers from across the UK to attend the reception.
He said: "We are proud to support our Reservists. They perform a crucial role for the nation and, as an employer, we also benefit from the skills and experience they gain from working in high pressure and difficult circumstances. They deserve our full support.
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision