Praise for Stevenage town centre ranger
- Credit: Archant
A TOWN centre ranger has had a “really positive impact” since taking up the post.
Sam Vale was employed by the Stevenage Town Centre Management Company as the first Stevenage town centre ranger six weeks ago to help ensure a safe and secure shopping environment.
In his first week in the job Sam witnessed a crime and had to make a police statement, and has since dealt with incidents of illegal street trading and unauthorised activity.
As well as regular patrols, Sam has also been recruiting new members to Stevenage’s ShopWatch – the town’s radio link scheme that connects businesses with each other, town centre security, police community support officers and those who monitor CCTV. The aim is to ensure better communication within the town, as well as help to reduce and deter crime and anti-social behaviour.
“In the short time that the town centre ranger has been on board, it has had a really positive impact on the town”, said Stevenage town centre manager Tracey Parry.
You may also want to watch:
“Sam has a calm and helpful approach, which is ideal for the many situations he will come across in his role, and it has made a huge difference to our small town centre management team having an extra pair of hands on board.”
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term