Praise as school overcomes merger set-back
A SECONDARY school has been given a good rating by Ofsted inspectors. The Highfield School in Letchworth GC attained the score for leadership and management, achievements and standards and personal development and well-being of students. The Ofsted insp
A SECONDARY school has been given a "good" rating by Ofsted inspectors.
The Highfield School in Letchworth GC attained the score for leadership and management, achievements and standards and personal development and well-being of students.
The Ofsted inspectors noted that the school has recovered from a period of instability which followed the transfer of students from Norton School in Letchworth GC when it closed.
Teaching and learning was considered good overall and an increasing number of lessons were outstanding.
You may also want to watch:
The percentage of students who achieve at least five GCSE grades A* to C has increased to well above the national average.
Sixth form students have also reached standards at GCE, AS and A-level which are above the national average.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
A particularly good feature noted was the care teachers took in breaking lessons down into smaller parts so they could provide a wide variety of interesting activities.
According to the report, students receive good care, support and guidance and the school has made efforts to encourage healthy lifestyles by providing healthy meals and a good range of organised sports activities.