Practice backs radiotherapy campaign
STEVENAGE’S only specialist orthodontic practice has really got its teeth into The Comet’s and the town’s MP Stephen McPartland’s fight for better local cancer care.
Mr McPartland visited the town centre practice yesterday, Wednesday, which has been providing patients with petition forms to complete.
He said: “I want to thank Rhonda and Jonathan from Stevenage Orthodontics for supporting the campaign and helping us to move towards 2,000 signatures.
“This is exactly the support we need, to demonstrate we have the support of local people and local businesses.
“I am currently talking to some of the major employers in the town and hope they will throw their support behind our campaign also.
You may also want to watch:
Jonathan Alexander, practice principal, said “We are pleased to have taken a pro-active role in supporting the radiotherapy campaign and are encouraging our patients to sign The Comet petition.
We have also offered to post the petitions in for those who might not be able to sign up online”.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
So far we have received 710 forms and this added to the number of Facebook fans, 1,251, takes the total figure to a staggering 1,961 supporters.
But to secure the unit we need more completed forms so keep them rolling in and we can break the 2,000 mark.
As well as signatures, we want to hear from people who have been forced to endure the long arduous trip to Mount Vernon Hospital in Northwood, Middlesex, for treatment, and any stories from the loved ones of cancer sufferers concerned by the lack of local provision.
To show your support click on the link at the top right of the page and sign the petition.