Power cut at Stevenage college and ASDA
A college and supermarket are without electricity following a power cut.
North Herts College Stevenage campus and ASDA are without power after a fault cut supply to the Monkswood Way area at around 1.40pm.
Day and evening classes at the college have been cancelled, while the other NHC campuses in Hitchin and Letchworth GC are having problems with internet and phone connection because they are linked.
Over 300 customers were affected by the outage – 105 had power back within three minutes, while 205 were restored within 45 minutes. Traffic lights at the ASDA junction were also affected. Engineers are still trying to reconnect the supermarket and college.
UK Power Networks said it is currently investigating the cause of the interruption.
You may also want to watch:
The outage is the second major power cut in as many days after a fault in a high voltage cable knocked out supply to the Coreys Mill area last night.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV