Power cut affects homes and businesses across central Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Businesses and homes across Stevenage were briefly affected by a power cut this morning.
At 11.24am power went out across the SG1, SG2 and SG3 post codes.
UK Power Network issued a statement saying the outage was caused by a fault with an underground power cable which caused an ‘area wide’ power cut.
A spokesman for the firm said: “We are sorry for any trouble this may have caused you. If you are still experiencing problems try resetting your trip switches or contact us and we will be able to help.”
Some businesses told the Comet they had to temporarily close while they rebooted their computer systems.
You may also want to watch:
Information about latest power cuts in the area can be found online at http://www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk.
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term