Teenager charged after Biggleswade-to-Potton car chase
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old boy from Potton has been charged with a raft of motoring offences after a frantic car chase from Biggleswade.
The car chase last Thursday afternoon saw road policing officers pursue a silver Peugeot hatchback from Biggleswade to Potton’s King Street, with the Peugeot seen to ram the police car twice.
The 17-year-old – who cannot be identified for legal reasons – has been charged with dangerous driving, failing to stop when required to do so by officers, driving without a licence and driving without insurance. He has been bailed ahead of a court appearance.
Officers from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Roads Policing Unit rushed to Biggleswade after the car was reported to be being driven dangerously in the town.
Police said that when they located the Peugeot, it rammed their car before driving off at high speed.
You may also want to watch:
After “colliding with members of the public and ramming police car again”, they said, the vehicle came to a halt in Potton’s King Street at about 4.30pm and the driver tried to flee on foot. A suspect was detained at the scene.
Police said nobody was hurt.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
Witnesses said buildings and three or four cars were hit. A trailer was overturned, and a petrol spillage had to be cleaned up.