Potton residents ready to party at The Big Weekend
- Credit: Archant
The people of Potton will be hoping the heatwave continues as they prepare for Party on Potton’s The Big Weekend.
The four-day event runs from Friday to Monday, August 24 to 27, at the Henry Smith Playing Fields in Brookfields – with plenty of family fun on offer.
There will be a whole host of events over the bank holiday weekend, running each day from midday long into the night.
These are set to include a disco, big band night, scarecrow hunt, zorb balls, comedy night, donkey rides and much more.
Originally started as a new year millenium celebration back in 1999 and 2000, Party on Potton was so popular with the town’s residents that it now runs every two years.
You may also want to watch:
All profits made from the event will go towards the next Big Weekend.
To find out more about The Big Weekend, search Party on Potton on Facebook or visit pottontowncouncil.co.uk/pop/.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term