Potton Colts under-16s raise £400 for Macmillan Cancer Support with friendly match against Langford
- Credit: Archant
Potton and Langford youth footballers have raised more than £400 for cancer care through a friendly match.
The match against Langford was held in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support, the chosen charity of Potton Colts under-16s and under-12s.
Entry was free and a raffle was held, with more than £400 raised – bringing the total amassed this season past the team’s £1,000 target.
Manager Roy Bloxham told the Comet he would like to thank all who attended, especially the players and parents from Langford.
He said: “The game was played in good spirits, and with excellent football by both teams the Potton Colts under-16s eventually won 5-0.”
The match was played at The Hollow, home ground of Potton United, and Roy said he would like to thank them for their hospitality and for letting his under-16s have the chance to play under their floodlights.
To find out more, see pottoncolts.clubbuzz.co.uk.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown